We are raising funds for the Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice and are planning a fabulous Black Tie and Tiaras Charity Ball.
The Black Tie & Tiaras Charity Ball
The event will take place at the Holiday Inn, Royal Victoria in Sheffield on the 3rd February 2018 in the stunning ballroom. You can shake your stuff on the dance floor, gamble at the fun casino and indulge in a fabulous three course meal with friends and family. The bar will be open until 1am, so what better way to end dry January than to dig out your posh frocks and tuxedo and go to the ball?
- Entry to the ball
- Arrival drink
- Three course dinner and coffee
- Disco until midnight, courtesy of the wonderful Taylor Made Events
- Fun money casino tables with fabulous prizes for male and female winners. NOW confirmed, an amazing flight experience with Hummingbird Helicopters and a superbly relaxing spa day for two at the Mercure Sheffield St Paul’s Hotel & Spa.
- Charity raffle with incredible prizes donated by local businesses such as the Leopold Hotel, the Staindrop Lodge, and Tankersley Park Golf Club. You can see full details below.
- Professional photographer
- Parking until midnight
In no particular order, huge thanks go to our raffle prize sponsors as follows:
- Family skate sessions and a FREE Lifecard kindly donated by SIV. SIV has also donated a huge selection of different prizes for which we are immensely grateful.
- 2 x personal training or martial arts sessions with Paul Powers Martial Arts
- Two tickets to a Category B or C home fixture at Sheffield United
- Two tickets to a Category B match at Chesterfield United
- Bed and breakfast at the Staindrop Lodge in Chapeltown
- Overflowing Haribo hampers. Think of those forthcoming children’s birthday parties!
- Free admission, racecard and drink for 12 guests at the dogs kindly donated by Owlerton Stadium
- Mid week Four ball at Tankersley Park Golf Club Ltd
- Dinner for two in Cunninghams Restaurant at the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria
- A beer-licious hamper courtesy of Bradfield Brewery
- Afternoon tea for two at the Leopold Hotel
- Royal London goodie bags including clothing and umbrellas
- A meal for four people at the Peacock in Stannington
- A mouth-watering bakery hamper from Welbourne’s Bakery in Lincolnshire.
In total we have 24 raffle prizes, and I am delighted with the generosity of our sponsors. We really do have some treats in store for you. Now don’t worry if you cannot make the event. You can still purchase raffle tickets by contacting me directly by email. on email@example.com.
What’s not included:
- Gambling funds
- Photos – mounted 8 x 6 photos are available to purchase on the night for £10
- Parking overnight
- Hotel rooms, although a discounted rate will be available to those wishing to stay over
- Wine and drinks for your table. A wine station will be set up on the night to allow you to order wine for your table and you can find the options here if you wish to organise with your pals.
So get your posh frocks out ladies, don your tuxedos gents, and come and join us for an evening of fun-filled entertainment.
Breaking news: Silent auction
Following previous feedback, and given some of the incredible items we have had donated for the event, we will be running a silent auction. This is going to be a pretty basic affair with just a few items and we will be starting bidding online immediately.
On the evening, we will provide forms for anyone who wishes to make a bid, and will also indicate what the current highest bid is at that time. Whoever offers the highest amount on their bidding form will win the item (subject to a minimum reserve being met). Here are the first two items which I was pretty excited about and hopefully you will be too.
Even if you are not blown away by the items, if you know of anyone who might be interested in bidding please share this and allow them the opportunity to bid. Online bidding will close at 5pm on 3rd February.
Silent auction item one
Authentic signed Manchester United ball donated by MUFC, and presented in a beautiful display case. A letter of authenticity will also be provided after the event. To place a bid, simply put the amount you would like to bid in the comments below.
Silent auction item two
Boxing glove signed by the British Olympic team that went to Rio. I am pretty excited by this considering the successes of the British boxing team!!
Silent auction item three
Continuing the sports theme, item number three is a golf four ball at Owston Hall. The 18 hole championship golf course was previously the host venue for the EuroPro tour.
The Owston Hall website describes the course as follows:
“Covering 6937 yards, the par 72 course features mature oak trees and water features to challenge golfers of all standards. The golf course is set in over 200 acres of mature parkland, with large oaks and water hazards making the course both enjoyable to play whilst at the same time challenging. The feature hole is the 10th a par 4, 284-yard hole which requires a carry over two carefully placed ponds before playing up to the green which is overlooked from the conservatory of the 18th century Owston Hall.”
If you fancy your chances of a hole in one get bidding.
If you wish to bid for any of the items, please specify the item and the amount in the comments below. Good luck.
Tickets are priced at £50 per head or £450 for tables of ten. Online tickets will incur booking and credit card fees of around 7% (Sheffield arena charges 11.5%!!) but you can pay the organisers direct by cheque or bank transfer if you prefer.
Find out more and book online now.
Payments are taken securely using Stripe and online tickets issued.
Alternatively please call Anne or Jason on 0114 2466972 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you’ve booked, don’t forget to share with your friends, they might want to come too! If you are on Twitter, you can simply tweet this.
For anyone wishing to stay overnight at the Holiday Inn Royal Victoria on the night of the ball, a discounted rate of £79.00 Bed & Breakfast applies (subject to availability). Alternatively, you can opt for the Holiday Inn Express (literally next door) for £69.00 Bed & Breakfast. If you wish to book, please quote the event name and date.
Bookings can also be accepted by email at email@example.com or over the phone 0114 252 6511.
I think you will agree the ballroom is pretty stunning!
Last but not least, if you or your company would like to sponsor the event, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We have a range of packages to suit your needs.
A huge thanks to Pace Financial Management, Investec Wealth Management and Investment and Emma Digby at Bell & Buxton Solicitors in Sheffield for providing sponsorship for the event. We look forward to seeing you on the night.