How can you earn a quick 41,000 reward points without a credit card in sight? That’s where the IHG Accelerate offer comes in. With over 5,000 hotels in over 100 countries, IHG offers a wealth of choice from a range of well known brands.
Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and many more are part of the IHG group, so you definitely won’t be stuck for choice.
I recently participated in the IHG Accelerate offer in the hope of bagging some bonus points. Those FREE hotel nights come in very handy when you travel frequently.
So here’s how it works
1. If you book and stay once during the offer period, you earn a bonus 1,000 points
2. Stay five nights during the offer period and you earn 5,000 points
3. Book two stays directly with IHG to earn a bonus 2,500 points
4. Complete all three of those offers for a whopping 31,500 bonus points on top of those earned for the three individual offers
5. Finally an extra 1,000 points was up for grabs for booking and staying in March
Now clearly you cannot sign up for this offer, as it finished in mid April, but in any case you have to be invited to take part. To increase your chances of invitation, make sure you have signed up to the IHG reward scheme and registered for the mailing list. That’s how you get invited to take part in your very own Accelerate offer!
How did I do?
To qualify for my bonus points, I stayed at the Intercontinental PyeongChang in Alpensia for two nights in March, one night at the Holiday Inn, Gosforth in March (I know, glamorous right?!) and three nights at the Crown Plaza, Potsdamer Platz, Berlin in April.
What else did I earn?
In addition to the 41,000 bonus points I earned, I bagged 7,609 hotel rewards from the stays plus 435 airmiles (I changed my preferences part way through)
- Intercontinental Hotel – 435 British Airways AVIOS
- Holiday Inn – 1,199 hotel rewards
- Crowne Plaza – 6,410 hotel rewards
What does this mean?
So what does 41,000 points mean to you? You could be lucky enough to redeem them for a Pointsbreak hotel for only 5,000 points a night (maximum two nights in any one hotel).
The IHG reward chart is shown below so you can work out how far they can go. You could book four category one nights, or do as I have and redeem for two nights in a category 3. Yes, I have already burned my bonus points on two nights at the Crowne Plaza, Vilnius where I am heading in a few weeks.
Now that definitely makes my next weekend break significantly more affordable! Especially as I have also redeemed a free hotels.com night too.
Have your say
Are you a IHG reward member? If so, maybe you’ve managed to successfully complete a Accelerate offer. Feel free to share your experience below.
Latest posts by Anne (see all)
- What are your Travel Hacking Challenges and Questions? - 07/24/2017
- Discover The New Heathrow T5 Lounge Open To Anyone - 07/23/2017
- How To Book A Vilnius Weekend Escape For Just £6.87 - 07/22/2017