The British Airways website offers an online shopping bonanza where you can collect even more BA miles (AVIOS). The number of ways to earn is just staggering!!
You can choose from options including airport parking, hotels, holidays, car rental, holiday currency and much more. Indeed, with a little creative shopping, you should be able to earn AVIOS off virtually every aspect of your next trip away, not to mention your spending at home. It won’t be long before you are bagging those British Airways reward flights.
Shopping Options Via The British Airways website
Here’s just a selection of the amazing ways to earn through the site.
- Collect five Avios for every £4 or €4 spent in any one of the nine Chic Outlet Shopping Villages in Europe. You designer shoppers beware!
- For the intellectuals amongst you, subscribe to the Business Traveller Magazine and collect between 400 and 2,000 AVIOS.
- Load up the AVIOS Multi-Currency Cash Passport with up to seven global currencies, and earn 1 AVIOS for every £1 loaded. Ideal for backpackers or those going on a multi-country adventure!
- Earn 1,000 AVIOS on your first order from Laithwaites wine, plus a further 250 AVIOS for every 12 bottle case ordered. Perfect for you grape lovers…
You can also go on a shopping extravaganza with over 300 stores in Gate 365. You will first need to log into your account, then click through to the stores you like, and then every pound you spend will reward you with AVIOS, credited to MyGate 365 within 40 days.
You can earn up to 12 AVIOS for every £1 spent, and there’s double AVIOS on selected stores, up until 19th July. Other stores are also offering a bonus 50% AVIOS so be sure to check out all the offers too!
Of course, by now you probably realise that you can also double dip. Remember that credit card a few weeks back? Hopefully you have that sorted by now! Use that and you will earn between 1 and 1.5 AVIOS per pound spent, in addition to what you earn from your shopping on the British Airways website.
The screenshot shows a selection of stores you can access.
My Gate 365 will allow you to track the AVIOS you earn in the same way that the AVIOS store does, but not all stores appear on both the AVIOS store and Gate 365.
If you’ve tried the AVIOS store for one of your favourite shops and it isn’t listed, don’t get discouraged. Try the British Airways site as it may feature there instead.
So how can you make sure every penny of your spending counts? Well, here’s a few ideas to get your started…
Your mum’s birthday? Maybe she would like something from Debenhams rewarding you with 4 AVIOS per £1. They may even gift wrap it for you.
Your best friend’s wedding? Dotcomgiftshop at 8 AVIOS per £1.
Christmas present for your nan? No more bubble bath (80s child in me I’m afraid!) and chocolates for her!
How about Marks & Spencer’s clothing at 4 AVIOS per £1, or really push the boat out and get her something personalised for a whopping 12 AVIOS per £1?
There’s definitely something for everyone, and the best bit (for me anyway! Yes I confess patience is not one of my virtues!) is that you don’t need to leave the house to do all this shopping.
No petrol to pay for, no screaming babies, no endless hunt for a car parking space, no long queues at checkout…and hopefully no unintended extra shopping from that must have impulse buy!
So log on to the British Airways website now and see how you can earn.
I would love you to share with me below how you are getting on with your AVIOS goals, and if you think your friends will benefit, please share the love with them, and maybe you will all be flying to Las Vegas in business class before long!
Latest posts by Anne (see all)
- To Love or Loathe The Nest Hotel Incheon? - 03/25/2017
- What’s the use of the Marriott Best Rate Guarantee? - 03/18/2017
- Is January Really the Cheapest Month to Travel? - 03/14/2017